At Bloom I provide you with the latest techniques and products for your waxing treatments. I am a qualified professional and regularly receive ongoing training.
These factors combined means that we can guarantee a fantastic treatment combination of strip wax that has been specifically formulated for our salons.
We use two different waxes at the salon that are for different areas of the body. The wax is of the highest quality and has been developed to remove hair effectively without pulling on the skin, making your wax as comfortable as possible for you.
Men’s waxing catered for.
Please read the information below so you can have the best waxing job possible with the least discomfort.
What can influence the discomfort of my wax?
Many things can change the discomfort level of a wax. Influences such as fatigue, menstrual cycle and medication can all be factors.
How often should I get waxed?
It is recommends that clients come in for a wax every 4-6 weeks. This will vary depending on an individual’s hair growth cycle
How long does the hair need to be?
Ideally the hair needs to be approximately 1cm long; it is not recommended that hair is cut before an appointment as the therapist is equipped to clipper the hair to the right length.
If I suffer from in grown hairs, how can I prevent this from happening?
It is recommended that an anti-bacterial skin wash, such as Tea Tree is used in the shower every day. As the hairs start to grow back through the skin a strong loofah should be used with the wash to exfoliate dead skin cells and help the hairs to break through. If further assistance is required you can book in at the salon to have them professionally removed.
If my skin is very dry after waxing, what should I use?
The skin can become quite dry after a wax and so it is important that an anti-bacterial lotion, that doesn’t clog the pores, is used every day. It is recommends a Tea Tree or Lavender lotion they have been developed of their anti-bacterial, soothing and healing properties and are available from the salon.
Moisturise your skin daily with tea-tree/lavender antiseptic lotion, because the hair follicles are open and more susceptible to infection.
- Loofah your skin one week after your wax, using tea-tree wash on the gloves or mitt, 2-3 times a week.
- Shower immediately after exercise to clear follicles of perspiration, which can lead to bacterial infections.
- Wear cotton underwear/no underwear and allow your skin to breathe at night as this area is always covered.
- Clean, clear skin will make your waxy even more appealing, if you have ingrown hairs we advise you to book an additional 10mins for professional ingrown removal, apply ice compress, an anti histamine lotion or moisturiser if your skin is sensitive after waxy to reduce redness, hiving or irritation.
- Don’t loofah your skin until 3-5 days after your wax.
- Don’t loofah your skin every day. This dries up your natural oils from the skins surface making it harder for the hairs to break through the skin.
- Don’t use natural loofah, bacteria thrive in natural fibres.
- Don’t apply deodorant until 24 hours after wax.
- Don’t apply make up directly after facial wax.
- Don’t have a solarium 24 hours before wax as you may burn.
- Don’t have a solarium or go out into the sun until 24 hours after wax.
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring and look unappealing. Come in and we will remove them professionally and hygienically.
- Don’t shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Don’t go to the gym or exercise directly after wax.
- Don’t swim in chlorinated pools or the beach until 24 hours after wax.
- Don’t wear tight or rubbing clothes after your wax as it may irritate the skin.
- Don’t wax just prior to, or just after menstrual cycle, as skin is more sensitive (ouch!).